Programs & Events
Event Name: Seminar on Aligning HR Initiatives for Business Sustainability -
Venue & Date:
27-07-2012 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
National HRD Network Learning Centre & NHRDN Delhi NCR Chapter is pleased to announce its one day Seminar on Aligning HR Initiatives for Business Sustainability - "The Changing Paradigm of HR Role" on Friday 27th July 2012, at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
Seminar Objectives :
In today’s ever changing and highly volatile world, the need to excellence is not an alternative but a requirement for business sustainability.This can be achieved by thinking out-of-the-box and initiating unique interventions which will provide the Organization an edge over other players. The time has come where HR professionals can redefine their role and contribute to the Organization in achieving their goals
The HR can collaborate by enhancing the ‘Human Capital’ and focus on their development which would ensure business sustainability in the long run. The objective of the seminar is to equip the participants with the understanding of the shifting paradigm of HR role and its evolution into becoming a business partner by aligning with the business goals.
Four interactive panel discussion sessions are planned through the day. In each session, a panel of three to four speakers will discuss the challenges and emerging trends. All the 4 sessions would be moderated by a Session Chairman who would act as a facilitator and a healthy challenger to engage all participants in debate & discussions.
Key Discussions on :
• Introduction to ‘Aligning HR initiatives for Business Sustainability
"The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives” – William James
With shrinking global boundaries, scarcity of resources, and a highly aware & demanding customer base, the focus on ‘human capital’& Talent Management has become imperative in gaining the competitive edge. This can only be achieved by seamless synchronization of HR initiatives & operating framework with organization vision & goals.
• Changing Business Scenario & HR Challenges
”When the way comes to an end, then change - having changed, you pass through” – I Ching
Every big change is triggered by the need for deviation from the normal course. To adapt with the changing time it is required to first understand the changes happening. An in-depth review of the prevailing Business scenario and the major HR challenges in redefining its role is required.
• Changing Roles of HR – HR Redefined
“A revolution is an idea which has found its bayonets.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
The time has come when HR professionalshave to expand the possibilities beyond the “Conventional HR” and taking up the multi-dimensional responsibilities. Need of the hour is having multi-facet HR Professionals who are able to smoothly slip into role of Conventional or Transactional HR, Business Partner and Strategic Partner as per the need arises for long term Business sustainability.
• Managing Radical change from Indian Perspective
“India ? The land of Vedas, the remarkable works contain not only religious ideas for a perfect life, but also facts which science has proved true. Electricity, radium, electronics, airship, all were known to the seers who founded the Vedas” – Wheeler Wilcox (American poet)
‘One shoe does not fit all’ therefore understanding of culture, Industry, Business needs & requirements is a necessity to develop any HR strategy. Whether it should be best benchmark practices or what is best for my organization that needs to be analyzed. It is critical to first understand and appreciate the Indian perspective before the initiation of any initiatives. These issues will be further deliberated along with practical insight ofsuccessful initiatives prevailing in the Industry.
The Panelists :
- Mr. P Dwarkanath - Director - Group Human Capital, MAX India Ltd.
- Ms. Deepa Mohamed - Group Head HR & L&D, SMC Group of Companies
- Mr. Sudhir K. Sinha - Country Head - CSR and R&R, ArcelorMittal
- Mr. Harshvendra Soin - Chief People Officer, Fortis Healthcare Ltd.
- Mr. Pooran Chandra Pandey - Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network India (UNGC)
- Mr. Manmohan S. Kalsy - Executive Director - HR, Xerox India Ltd.
- Ms. Kamakshi Raman - General Manager - Personnel, Steel Authority of India Ltd.(SAIL)
- Mr. Anshumal Dikshit - Head - HR, iGate BPO
- Mr. Andleeb Jain - Vice President - HR, Lanco Power Ltd.
- Mr. Ayaskant Sarangi - Organization and Talent Development Leader, GE India
- Mr. P.V. Ramanamurthy - Senior VP - HR, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd.
- Vivek Tripathi - Chief Human Resource Officer, Lava International
- Dr. D. Bhattacharyya - Advisor (Learning & Development), IFFCO
- Mr. John Mathai - DGM - HR, NTPC
- Dr. Sanghamitra Buddhapriya - Professor - OB & HR, FORE School of Management
Who should Attend :
• CSR Heads, Managers and Team Members
• HR Directors / Heads
• OD Managers & Team Members
• Business Heads
• Generalist HR
• Representatives from PSU's and Private Sector
• Academecians & Students
• Registrations : 0830-0930 hrs
• Session : 0930-1800 hrs
Participation Fee (Per Participant) :
• NHRDN Members: Rs. 3000
• Non Members : Rs. 3500
• 10% Discount for 3 or more nominations from the same organization.
Payment can be made online, or cheque favouring National HRD Network Learning Centre and can be sent to the below mentioned address :
National HRD Network
C - 81 C, DLF Super Mart 1, DLF City, PhaseIV, Gurgaon - 122002
For Registrations & Sponsorship Opportunities pls contact:
Syed Quasim Ali at +91 9560989534 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Media Partner
Online Management Portal